Focusing on the business, broadcasting and events of esports, this is a unique course is taught from an award winning, Gold Standard games university in the UK The BA (Hons) Esports focuses on the business of esports. You will learn how to host small and large scale events for single player and multi-player teams, create business plans to develop teams, create online communities and promote your events through digital marketing. You will also get the opportunity to explore the culture of esports, its audience and fan base and different game genres that make up the most popular in current times. Staffordshire University is considered to be one of the largest and best games universities in the UK. In 2016 we were the best place in the UK to study games design and development by ALPHR – the online branch of PC Pro. We also have a long history of event management courses with feedback via NSS and SVS indicating a high level of student satisfaction. The success in these two areas will see a unique partnership between games and events to create a truly outstanding experience in the UK market. Our academics come from a variety of backgrounds, including marketing, games design, interactive media technology, event management and esports practitioners.
- Join one of our six competitive societies: League of Legends, DOTA2, Hearthstone, Counter Strike, Overwatch and Super Smash Bros and compete in events in the UK and overseas.
- Take part in UK and International varsities.
- Visit esports events in the UK and take part in an International residential.
- Study digital marketing and take Google Garage Exams as part of the course.
- Plan, develop and implement an esports event. In the first year the event will be a single player event, in year two this progresses to a team player event and in the third year the event will be a large scale, commercial venue event with team players and a prize fund.
Year 1 Core: Resourcing Esports Events, Esports Events Experience, Esports Ecosystems, Streaming Layouts and Set-up, Competitive Gaming Culture Year 2 Core: Event Planning and Strategy, Multiplayer Esports Events, Building Teams, Casting and Hosting, Esports Integrity: Regulation and Risk, Content Creation Year 3 Core: Esports Expo, Driving Digital Traffic and Social Media, Community Management, Esports Analytics
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Staffordshire University (Stoke Campus)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|