University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Set yourself up for a future career in the well-paid finance sector by developing competence in financial and general management. This course gives you access to regular coaching, specialist academic staff, business leaders, and the professional financial services network, including exemptions from ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA and Associate Membership of the IFA. You’ll gain an insight into general management and access a wide range of optional modules that complement your development as a specialist in financial management. Subject expertise in finance, alongside a grounding in contemporary business issues (such as globalisation, global trade, governance and sustainability), signal that you are a numerate, astute and commercially-focused graduate. Active experience through applied projects, placements and internships will enable you to demonstrate the business knowledge, commercial acumen and professional skills valued by employers. You can also experience international cultures and develop a global mind-set through options to work and study abroad. Key features
- Gain exemptions (as attached handbook) from ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA and CIPFA and Associate Membership of the IFA and Chartered Management Institute
- Enhance your employability through internships, consultancy projects, a one-year paid placement and integrated coaching from experienced business leaders
- Develop your own business idea through the Business School's Incubator
- Work with qualified finance specialists who have extensive experience of management (including with KPMG, Grant Thornton and HM Treasury), consultancy or running their own business
- Compete for the Hereford & Worcester Chamber of Commerce prize for 'Outstanding Performance in Accountancy & Finance'
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page