Overview Set yourself up for a future career in the well-paid finance sector by developing competence in business finance and general management. This course gives you access to regular coaching, specialist academic staff, business leaders, and the professional financial services network, including exemptions from ACCA and ICAEW. You’ll gain an insight into general management and access a wide range of optional modules that complement your development as a specialist in financial management. Subject expertise in business and finance (including contemporary issues such as globalisation, global trade, governance and sustainability) signal that you are a numerate, astute and commercially-focused graduate. Active experience through applied projects, placements and internships will enable you to demonstrate the business knowledge, commercial acumen and professional skills valued by employers. You can also experience international cultures and develop a global mind-set through options to work and study abroad. Key features
- Gain exemptions from ACCA and ICAEW.
- Enhance your employability in business and finance through internships, consultancy projects, a one-year paid placement and integrated coaching.
- Develop your own business idea through the Business School's Incubator
- Work with qualified finance specialists who have extensive experience in business finance (including with KPMG, Grant Thornton and HM Treasury), consultancy or running their own business
- Compete for the Hereford & Worcester Chamber of Commerce prize for 'Outstanding Performance in Accountancy & Finance'
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.