Overview Our Child Mental Health course is a top-up qualification that will build on your existing knowledge of the mental health of young people. This programme is aimed at those who are passionate about gaining specialist child and adolescent mental health knowledge. You'll graduate with an honours level degree, which will boost your career prospects in any setting with children, young people and their families where mental health and well-being is a focus. The course attracts a wide range of children and young peoples professionals from a range of backgrounds. These include education, early years, health and social care, social work, nursing and child mental health. The modules studied throughout the course will prepare you for a range of roles in support services and communities for children and young people. Key features
- Our child mental health course is one of very few third year undergraduate courses specific to CAMH (child and adolescent mental health) in the UK. There is no requirement for placement/work based learning during the course.
- Guest speakers from across a range of CAMH specialisms contribute to the course
- Full time with attendance over 1 day per week, although there is also a part time option studied over 2 years.
- Opportunities to pursue further study at postgraduate level after completing the course.
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.