Are you interested in a career in the health services, in a pharmaceutical company or in medical research? Would you like to explore diseases like cancer or the response to infection? Are you intrigued to learn how medicines are discovered and how they work? At Kent, we prepare you for successful careers within and beyond the world of biomedical science. As well as learning about the latest developments in the understanding and treatment of human diseases, you develop wider transferable skills in problem solving, communication and teamwork. This degree is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) and the Royal Society of Biology (RSB). Reasons to study Biomedical Science at Kent
- Study a wide range of modules and build your degree around your interests.
- Our lecturers are both innovative teachers and active researchers. Two of our academic staff have been awarded National Teaching Fellowships.
- Our well-equipped laboratories ensure you gain practical skills that are in high demand in the industry.
- Focus on your future with expert careers advice and the opportunity to take a paid Summer Studentship, giving you valuable hands-on experience in our research labs.
- We collaborate with research groups in industry and academia and have excellent links with local employers, including the NHS, Lonza and Sekisui Diagnostics, Roche, Sanofi and Pfizer.
- Get real-world experience and see how your degree can help build a better world with hospital visits as part of your course.
- Biological Sciences at Kent scored 87% overall in the Complete University Guide 2022.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Direct entry into Year 2 of this programme is considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Kent
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Clearing contact details
Publicised Clearing Enquiries Contact
Course contact detailsVisit our course page