Overview In today's world of multimedia communication and publishing, illustrators and animators work together in a wide variety of contexts. Studying Animation and Illustration as joint honours is full of possibility. Both courses will be mutually informing and could lead to an innovative, interdisciplinary final year project that draws all your interests together. Both subject areas place emphasis on drawing as a tool for thinking and visualisation. They nurture your creative development alongside building your craft and digital skills. These skills are highly prized throughout the fast-moving and dominant digital/visual culture of today's world. If your creative interests span working in moving image and other visual contexts, studying these two subject areas in combination could be right for you. This course is a good match if your curiosity is fired by the possibilities of 21st century media and communication. Key features
- A cohesive joint study programme
- Live projects integrated into year-long modules of study
- On-campus access to industry-standard software and motion capture facilities
- Programme of guest lectures and events
- Live brief collaboration with publishers
- Opportunity to travel to destinations in mainland Europe
- Introduction to exhibition practice through illustration fairs, card sales and exhibitions
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.