This programme is available for Level 6 entry only from September 2020. Completing the professionally accredited BSc (Hons) Maritime Business and Management at Liverpool John Moores University will ensure you enjoy excellent career prospects in this global industry.
- This programme is available for Level 6 entry only from September 2020
- Qualification recognised by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
- Academic tutors provide a high level of support, and work with students to develop both their academic and professional skills
- Close links with industry ensure the curriculum reflects current professional practice and industry demands, while industrial seminars and field visits help students engage with professional practice and working environments throughout their studies
- Research and the transfer of expertise between the academic team and industry helps maintain relevance of course materials
- The School hosts events with professional bodies which give students the opportunity to network with professionals in the sector
- Campus location: City Campus
Please visit the Liverpool John Moores University website for detailed module information.
Assessment varies depending on the modules you choose, but will usually include a combination of exams and coursework. Each module is individually assessed, either by exam and coursework or just coursework, depending on the subject. The more practical the module, the more likely it is that you will be continually assessed throughout the year. You will receive marks for each piece of work, as well as constructive feedback via Canvas, face-to-face or as written comments. This will help you to identify your strengths as well as the areas where you may need to put in more work.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Shipbrokers, Institute of
- Nautical Institute
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Prior to starting the programme applicants must have obtained grade 4 or grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics GCSE or an approved alternative qualification below: • Key Skills Level 2 in English/ Maths • NVQ Level 2 Functional skills in Maths and English Writing and or Reading • Skills for Life Level 2 in Numeracy/English • Higher Diploma in Maths/ English • Functional skills level 2 in Maths/ English • Northern Ireland Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication or Application of Number • Wales Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication or Application of Number
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
Liverpool John Moores University
Egerton Court (Headquarters)
2 Rodney Street
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
0151 231 2777