The MBA (Finance) is a flagship qualification designed to meet the needs and aspirations of early career individuals through the combination of a general management education with the specialist area of Finance. It is designed for individuals who want to develop their leadership and management skills along with their interest in Finance and for those seeking fast track career progression opportunities. This postgraduate degree aims to enhance your professional prospects by developing your capability to apply the latest thinking relating to organisational development and change in the competitive global context. Successful completion of the MBA (Finance) highlights your potential to have a real impact on the transformation of the organisation you join. Our courses are designed to be engaging, attractive and flexible in the current global marketplace. There are six entry points through the year. This allows you to start when it is most suitable. Your course takes place over three semesters. Depending upon when you join the course, this will determine the order of units which you will study. You will benefit by beginning your studies with others who started at one of the earlier points of entry. Why choose this course?
- The course adopts a practical and applied business curriculum and aims to develop an advanced knowledge of organisations and their effective management in the dynamic competitive global context, and the ability to creatively apply this knowledge and understanding to complex issues to systematically and innovatively enhance strategic business and management practice.
- This offers a challenging learning opportunity to encourage the integration of theory and practice supported by experienced academics with substantial management experience.
- You will work with academics and professors of practice on live consultancy projects with leading employers in organisations across private, public and not-for-profit sectors to support your personal and professional development as a creative and innovative leader with the knowledge and skills needed in the global, knowledge-based economy.
- You will develop the attributes and skills expected of post-graduates confirmed by partner industry bodies including the Chartered Management Institute and the Confederation of British Industry, including team-working, negotiation skills, leadership, confidence and the ability to apply critical and creative thinking to complex and unclear problems to develop innovative solutions.
• Advancing Professional Practice (BSS070-6) Compulsory • Business Economics (AAF045-6) Compulsory • Leading And Managing Organisational Resources (BSS064-6) Compulsory • Management Practice (BSS063-6) Compulsory • Strategic Finance (AAF046-6) Compulsory • Strategy And The Global Competitive Environment (BSS058-6) Compulsory • Theory Into Practice Project (BSS056-6) Compulsory Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
The underpinning philosophy of all assessments is to develop both your knowledge and skills to enter employment as a confident manager with a strong base from which to meet your own aspirations. This requires consideration of your own personal capabilities as well as looking outward at the business world. The aim is for you to become an independent and self-directed lifelong learner. Apart from the formal assessments there will be an emphasis on self, peer and group assessment. Tutors will provide feedback on formative assessments to support your development of good academic practice. All assessments are rooted in authentic and practical workplace scenarios to enable the integration of theory and practice in dynamic `real world work contexts. Exams are kept to a minimum. To facilitate learning for all students a range of assessment methods are used throughout the course, including:
- Business Reports to demonstrate contextual insight and professional practice;
- Project Plans to demonstrate project planning skills;
- Seminar Papers to develop critical analysis skills;
- In-class tests of your knowledge of core concepts in context;
- Project Report integrates learning throughout the course independently applied in practice;
- Business simulation where you demonstrate the impact of your strategic decision making. The focus is on the impact of management education to management practice and later assessments require greater complexity and integration through independent study to support your successful transition into work.
Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. We also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications and individuals with appropriate work experience. For international students English competence of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is required.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
For information on postgraduate funding, please visit: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/postgraduatestudy/postgraduate-fees-and-funding
University of Bedfordshire
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 3300 073