This course is accredited by the University of Warwick OVERVIEW Marketing is a dynamic business, with social media and e-commerce transforming the way many service sector companies manage their marketing approach. Our Marketing Management top-up degree course will enhance your existing knowledge and enable you to meet the demand for trained professionals with proven e-marketing skills across online and high street businesses. This one-year course is designed for anyone who has previously studied a relevant subject (up to Level 5). It will ensure you have a thorough grounding in marketing practice, creativity and innovation, developing competencies to succeed in management within the sector, while you will also be able to expand your knowledge into a range of specialist areas through a variety of optional study modules. To help you put theory into practice during your studies, our marketing degree top-up course gives you the chance to engage with local organisations through live projects and case studies, while you will also have the opportunity to learn video production, livestreaming, podcasting and more practical skills in our Digital Creative Studio. By completing the course, you will be able to gain an industry-recognised qualification from the Chartered Institute of Marketing. WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Practical application – Get involved in live projects, case studies, promotional and PR work with market research and planning briefs conducted with local organisations
- Enrichment – Engage with industry professionals through guest lectures, workshops and other activities, as well as boosting your practical skills in our Digital Creative Studio
- Specialise your studies – Choose from a variety of specialist optional modules, such as Enterprise Risk Management or Advertising and Media Management
- Marketing executive
- Digital marketer
- Public relations officer
- Media planner
- Social media manager
- Advertising account executive
- Please refer to our website www.ucb.ac.uk for the latest updates to this course
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- International Marketing
- Leadership and Change Management
- Brand Management
- Advertising and Media Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Research Project
Note: Indicative information only. Actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. Please be aware that methods of delivery for this course may be altered due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic – for the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website: www.ucb.ac.uk ASSESSMENT Estimated breakdown of assessment for this degree course:
- Coursework – 61%
- Practical assessment – 22%
- Written examinations – 17%
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 3
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
- **Transferring from another university** At University College Birmingham, we consider applications from students who have studied, or are currently studying, a Higher Education course and now wish to transfer universities. - **What do I need to do?** To make an enquiry about studying at University College Birmingham, you will need to complete our online enquiry form -> **https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/ucb-direct-apply** Consideration for advanced entry will be dependent on the modules of your previous course, and how well this matches to the content of the course you wish to transfer to at University College Birmingham. Additionally, the process will be dependent on the number of credits achieved on your current course. Where similar study is apparent, it may be possible for us to award Accreditation for Previous Learning (APL) and, therefore, advanced entry onto a course at UCB will be permitted. Please note; due to the nature of this process, all applications are considered on an individual basis.
All non-EU international students can apply directly via our online application forms: https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/direct-application/intro Undergraduate applicants can also apply via UCAS, if they wish to apply to more than one university. The International Admissions team aim to respond to any new application made directly via the online application form within 5 working days of receipt. However, this can vary during peak application periods (particularly January-March) or if the team require additional information to process your application. Applicants who apply to transfer to University College Birmingham on to a second year or final year of a course will have their previous course matched for entry. Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all information on your application form. We may also need to contact you regarding your immigration status or previous studies in the UK.
If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email: [email protected] EU/international students Academic: European and International qualifications studied in a relevant subject matter will also be considered applicants will need to have achieved 120 ECTS or equivalent (European Credit Transfer) If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email EU: [email protected] International: [email protected]
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
To apply for all undergraduate degrees, if your first language is not English, you will need to sit an approved test in English.
UCB English Language Requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University College Birmingham
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UCB Direct - Admissions
0121 604 1040