Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course Summary:
- Study life at cellular, molecular and chemical levels
- Combine biological and chemical modules, ranging from Cellular and Molecular Biochemistry to Medical Chemistry and Drug Synthesis.
- Tailor your degree structure to your interests and career ambitions.
- Learn how the latest scientific innovations are being used to have a positive impact on the world.
- Work with our expert staff to complete your own cutting-edge research projects in our award-winning labs using industry standard equipment.
- Take an optional placement year, enabling you to gather priceless hands-on experience in an industrial setting.
- In-person seminars and lectures
- Independent study
- Tutorials and academic adviser sessions
- Practical lab experience with industry-standard equipment
- Placements and research opportunities
- Real-life research projects
- The latest scientific software and data analysis tools
- Problem-solving and group activities
- Access to our unique student support triangle to help with your personal, academic and career development.
- Access to our Skills Centre with one to ones, webinars and online resources to help you to plan and structure your assignments.
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules Biochemistry And Genetics Demonstrating Professional Skills For Scientists Fundamentals Of Life Sciences Introducing Professional Skills For Scientists Principles Of Chemical Analysis Year 2 Compulsory modules Applications Of Analytical Science Applying Professional Skills For Scientists Developing Professional Skills For Scientists Molecular And Cellular Biochemistry Elective modules Immunology And Microbiology Organic And Biosynthetic Chemistry Year 3 Compulsory modules Placement Year For Biosciences And Chemistry Final year Compulsory modules Advanced Analytical Science Advanced Professional Skills For Scientists Applied Biochemistry Research Project Elective modules Advanced Chemical Synthesis Advanced Genetics Advanced Therapeutics And Personalised Medicine Applications Of Data Science Medicinal Chemistry And Drug Discovery Neurobiology And Neurophysiology Pharmacology
Coursework, exams, and practicals.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Royal Society of Biology
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
We strongly recommend that you tell us about any long term health conditions or disabilities you may have. This is so we can assess whether we can deliver the course in such a way that you can meet the course requirements and take part without disadvantage. You can contact our University student support staff on 0114 225 3964 (voice and Minicom) and explore any issues you may have.
English language requirements
|IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.
If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.