We are confident that our LLM Legal Practice Course (LLM LPC) will provide you with the best training currently available - we have an excellent reputation within the legal profession. Our LPC is approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, and allows you to progress to qualifying work experience to become a solicitor. Why study the LLM LPC at Nottingham Law School?
- Successful completion of all elements of the LLM LPC will result in the award of a Masters degree – an internationally recognised qualification.
- All our staff are experienced lawyers and you will benefit from their practical knowledge. Also you will benefit from our visiting lecturers.
- We teach in as small groups as possible to encourage student participation.
- Every student has a personal tutor. We get to know our students and support and encourage you in both your studies and in your employment applications at the start of your legal career.
- We offer a multi-award-winning pro bono programme, including a Legal Advice Centre for the local community.
- Our dedicated and experienced careers consultants provide guidance and support to help you secure a training contract or other legal employment. Applicants are invited to a careers event in June, before the LPC course starts, so that you can benefit from working with our successful careers team.
- The number of graduates obtaining a training contract or paralegal work is consistently high.
- The Professional Legal Practice module provides practical experience and commercial insight, which will ensure you hit the ground running at the start of your career.
- Studying with Nottingham Law School means that you have all the facilities a large Law School can offer plus the advantages of studying within a university environment which offers outstanding library, IT, support, sports, language and student union services.
Successful completion of all the elements of our LLM LPC will result in the award of a Masters degree. As well as providing you with an internationally recognised qualification, you will leave us with enhanced insight into the legal profession and better equipped to succeed. This course is also available on a part-time basis.
Assessments are designed to integrate with the course as a whole. The main assessment periods occur at the end of both Stage One and Stage Two. You will be assessed by written examination in each of the three compulsory and elective subjects (your own prescribed materials being allowed in the exams). The nature of each skill assessment will be determined by the skill to be demonstrated. Other suitable methods of assessment are employed to cover Professional Conduct and Regulation, Solicitors' Accounts and Wills and Administration of Estates. Your project or dissertation will be marked according to the University's protocols for Masters awards. Throughout the course there will be numerous opportunities to receive feedback on your progress.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
You will need one of the following options: a Qualifying Law degree (2.2 or above). Graduate Diploma in Law / CPE with an undergraduate degree (2.2 or above). Chartered Institute of Legal Executives qualification. All applicants should provide evidence in their personal statement of their commitment to a career in law and will be required to provide a full reference in support of their application. We specify these minimum entry requirements, but we will assess you individually on your ability to benefit from the course. We sometimes offer places on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications, and industrial or professional experience.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
Clearing contact detailsOnline Enquiry Form
Our Clearing Hotline is opening hours are: Monday to Thursday 0930-1630; Friday 0930-1600 From 17 August we have extended opening hours: Thursday 17 August 0800 - 1900 Friday 18 August 0800 - 1900 Saturday 19 August 0900 - 1700 Sunday 20 August 1000 - 1400 Monday 21 August - Friday 25 August 0900-1700
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Applicant Enquiries Team
+44(0)115 848 4200