Our undergraduate BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree will provide you with the specialist knowledge and expertise required for a professional career in electrical and electronic engineering. With project-based learning in all years, including live industry-led projects, you’ll develop the transferable skills and the multi-disciplinary awareness so highly prized by industry. Study electrical engineering at Manchester Met and you’ll start off by getting a solid introduction to key engineering principles, before specialising in subjects that could include electrical energy systems, control and automation, and electronic systems design. You’ll also learn to use advanced engineering software as you develop your analytical skills and work on more cutting-edge topics. You can choose to study our electrical and electronic engineering course over three years, or take an extra year for a placement in industry. Whichever route you take, you’ll have all the skills and understanding you need to get started on your engineering career. FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- This degree is also available with a foundation year. This means if you have the potential to study at degree level, but you don’t meet the entry requirements, you can choose to study a foundation year which will help you prepare for entry into Year 1.
- The four-year placement route gives you the opportunity to spend your third year on an industry placement boosting your employment prospects on graduation. This may be subject to national lockdown restrictions.
- Tackle real challenges from the world of engineering. Every year, we invite businesses and academic colleagues to set live projects that challenge our students to devise innovative solutions to current problems. You’ll get feedback and advice directly from industry insiders – giving you the chance to find out exactly what it takes to impress a potential future employer.
- Showcase your engineering and design skills in extra-curricular group projects like the Formula Student racing car competition or the Engineering For People Design Challenge.
- You may be invited to publish the results of your individual and group work in the Department of Engineering Student Society’s peer-reviewed journal and to present your final project work at the department’s degree show.
- You will have access to regular online video support, which provides additional explanation and guidance on a range of topics, from coursework and exam paper guidance to software tutorials.
- Adapt your schedule to suit your needs through our drop-in workshops and laboratories.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English and Mathematics will be accepted The level 2 requirements may also be met through the level 3 course requirements for the course; please contact the University directly if you require further information.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69