The course is a two-year world-class integrated programme aimed at qualifying graduates to deal with the huge challenges facing temperate forestry, agriculture and sustainable land use. The teaching staff are research active and the students will benefit from our wide range of research activities and contacts in the UK and overseas. By joining the teaching and research experiences of five European leading educational institutions, this unique course will constitute an in-depth educational programme with inherent impetus to stay at the forefront of research-based teaching strongly linked to realities in many European and non-European countries. The SUFONAMA course is offered by a consortium consisting of five institutions:
- Danish Centre for Forest, Landscape and Planning, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor University, Bangor, Wales, UK.
- of Forest Sciences and Ecology, University of Goettingen, Faculty Goettingen, Germany
- Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Alnarp, Sweden, and
- Faculty of Agriculture, University of Padova, Padova, Italy.
Entry to SUFONAMA requires a good first degree in a relevant subject, or second class honours degree in a relevant subject with a minimum of two years relevant experience in forestry, agriculture or other land use related work in a position of demonstrable responsibility. Relevant professional experience should be supported by additional evidence such as authorship of appropriate professional reports or a record of active membership of a relevant professional organisation or International Scientific Society. In general, however, applicants are judged on their individual merits and age, work experience and other factors are also considered.
English language requirements
For the most up-to-date information on acceptable English Language proficiency qualifications, please visit our webpage below.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
The University offers a wide range of scholarships, studentships and bursaries.