University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Health Psychology deals with the impact of psychology on the motivations, thoughts and feelings underpinning human health related behaviours. At Worcester this specialised degree focuses on how you can apply the knowledge of psychology to promote healthier lifestyles. You'll explore ways to facilitate positive behaviour change to help people lose weight or stop smoking, for example. Through understanding the application of health psychology you will also gain skills that can be applied to improving the healthcare system and supporting people to manage chronic health and illness. Key features
- A welcoming, professional community of students and lecturers, including the Worcester Psychology Society, with guest speakers, group trips, social nights and a peer mentoring scheme
- A focus on health psychology, but also bringing in core areas of psychology to explore research into issues such as eating disorders, pain and stress management
- A personalised learning journey; choice of modules, skills development and personal and academic tutoring based as much on your career as your studies
- Modules and assessments designed with an emphasis on experiential learning which will help you be an active and passionate learner and to understand the challenges global societies will face tomorrow and how psychology plays a role in addressing these
- ‘Assessments for life’ designed to reflect the key skills that employers of psychology graduates value helping to increase your employability prospects and making you prepared for today, tomorrow and beyond
- Excellent facilities and links with national and local organisations, including NHS trusts, Worcestershire Strategic Health Authority, IAPT, BPS and local charities
- University of the Year - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards and UK Social Mobility Awards
- 1st for Quality Education - 2019 Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Outstanding Support for Students - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards
- Top 10 for Student Satisfaction - 2019 National Student Survey
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page