OVERVIEW Whatever the brand, whatever the market and whatever the media, successful advertising comes down to a combination of creative thinking, commercial awareness and strategic insight. The kind of people who excel in the industry don’t just offer exciting ideas, but also have an excellent eye for detail, a flair for communication and an instinctive understanding of their audience. You'll learn about consumer behaviour, brand management and digital marketing communications – to name a few areas. You’ll get to grips with the media landscape, exploring integrated campaigns that balance traditional and digital channels. Put your creative abilities to the test, turning your own ideas into memorable advertising and learn how it all fits in to a greater marketing strategy designed to build brands. Along the way, you’ll have access to the real professionals – whether as guest lecturers, campaign clients or placement employers. So, by the time you leave us, you’ll be ready to join their ranks in the industry. Choose a placement or study abroad The course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three-year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies. You don’t have to decide now. If you opt to undertake a placement or study abroad your course will normally be four years full-time. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Advertising and brand experts – our lecturers have worked in agencies, consultancies, and client-side. They’ll pass their experience on to you throughout the course.
- Accredited degree - A Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accredited degree.
- A buzzing creative hub - The Business School is in the heart of Manchester, near MediaCityUK, the creative Northern Quarter, and some of the largest advertising and branding agencies in the world.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language, with our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Regular industry events – attend guest talks and masterclasses or network with recruiting businesses.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69