Explore different styles and forms of photography while developing a portfolio that showcases your individual skills. You'll graduate as an enterprising and entrepreneurial photographer capable of working in and shaping the future of the media industries. Why Study BA (Hons) Photography at BU?
- Explore photography as a craft and a business, through a combination of practical and theoretical approaches
- Access industry standard digital cameras, lighting, studio space and image manipulation software throughout your degree
- Work alongside internationally recognised lecturers and practitioners
- Emphasis on real-world collaboration with others
- Choose optional specialist units in a particular area of interest in more detail to match your career ambitions
- Make invaluable industry connections during a work placement in industry.
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Media & Current Debates | Media Work. As part of Year 1 of your Degree, you will study these core units: Photography Fundamentals | Understanding the Image | Ambitions | Portfolio Optional Units: Creative Collaboration | Community | Negotiated Project
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|