**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary:
- Develop fluency in Spanish and a second foreign language (French or German from any level or Italian from scratch).
- Gain an excellent understanding of Spanish culture, society and economic context.
- Develop critical insight into international business theory and practice.
- Spend an optional semester at a European university and a 24-week work placement abroad.
- Gain international business insights while expanding your foreign language skills – becoming a multilingual professional with great employability potential. Your optional study and work placements abroad help you develop the global skill set employers are looking for.
- lectures and seminars, including with guest speakers
- weekly sessions with Foreign Language Assistants to perfect your speaking skills
- language modules taught in the target language
- independent and directed study
- presentations and group work
- a variety of innovative teaching methods taught in state-of-the-art facilities
- an optional semester abroad at one of our European partner universities
- an optional 24-week placement in a Spanish-speaking country
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Your third year will be spent on placement. Year 1 - Compulsory modules Contemporary And Professional Studies One (French) Contemporary And Professional Studies One (German) Contemporary And Professional Studies One (Spanish) Economics For Business Foreign Language Foundations Of International Business Linguistic And Academic Studies Year 2 - Compulsory modules Contemporary And Professional Studies Two (French) Contemporary And Professional Studies Two (German) Contemporary European Studies Foreign Language French (Abroad) German (Abroad) Intercultural And Professional Development Interculturality In Practice International Entrepreneurship International Entrepreneurship (Overseas) Italian (Abroad) Managing International Business (Overseas) Multinational Enterprises And Foreign Direct Investment Spanish (Abroad) Year 3 - Compulsory modules Placement Year Final year - Compulsory modules Contemporary And Professional Studies 1 (French) Contemporary And Professional Studies 1 (German) Contemporary And Professional Studies 1 (Italian) Contemporary And Professional Studies 1 (Spanish) Contemporary And Professional Studies Three (French) Contemporary And Professional Studies Three (German) Contemporary And Professional Studies Three (Spanish) Contemporary Issues In International Business Foreign Language Global Supply Chain Management
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If you do not have any of the qualifications above but have relevant experience you are welcome to discuss potential opportunities with the admissions tutor. Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that the information provided on this web page relates to 2022 courses and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533