Data scientists are in high demand because they can interrogate data and use analytics to find patterns, trends and relationships in data sets. This information can then be used in everything from predicting consumer behaviour to accelerating the development of promising new drugs. With our practical BSc (Hons) Data Science degree, we'll help prepare you for a successful career. You'll benefit from our industry links, well-equipped computer labs, smaller class sizes and experienced and supportive staff. Why study this subject? Data science can be described, in simple terms, as the study of data. The information and their assessment of big data can reveal interpretations and insights that can be utilised in many contexts, such as:
- businesses predicting and capitalising on consumer behaviour
- banking institutions detecting fraud
- investors using a combination of big data and artificial intelligence to make more informed investment choices
- pharmaceutical companies using data analysis to accelerate the development of promising drugs.
- provide an in-depth understanding of the different dimensions of the field of data science
- equip you with relevant technical skills and experience in the use of different technologies, systems, approaches and methodologies relevant for the secure storage, communication, analysis and presentation of data
- develop your skills and knowledge so you can systematically and critically analyse the different methods and strategies for addressing various data-related problems
- give you an appreciation of professional, moral, legal and ethical issues involved in computing and information technology.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2021.
If you already have a 2021 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for the 3-year undergraduate programme, or those who do not feel fully prepared for a Level 4 course, will be considered for the 4-year programme including a Foundation Year.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.