University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Course Overview If you aspire to work in the global business world and with multi-national companies, our course is the springboard for your career. We've designed you a foundation course, so you learn the core academic skills to progress onto the full BA (Hons) degree. You'll critically evaluate the relationships between international business strategy and operational needs, and learn how to provide creative and innovative solutions through the essential attributes of management and leadership. You will be taught to critically evaluate the relationships between international business strategy and operational needs, and learn how to provide creative and innovative solutions through the essential attributes of management and leadership. We will teach you to contextualise business management and practice across a range of public, private and third stream organisations in local, regional, national, international and global contexts. Why Choose University of Cumbria You'll get a firm grasp of the fundamentals of international business and communication in small, medium and large organisations with a sound knowledge. But you won't just learn theoretically about business - you'll be doing it. Our innovative teaching can bolster your international business practice - and especially cross-cultural boundaries - because you'll find yourself leading a lecture, or turning the classroom into a boardroom, giving you every opportunity to build your business confidence.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are employed or in further study with 6 months of graduating (DLHE 2017)
- Opportunity to study at our collaborative partner FAME in Malaysia
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional, national and international businesses boost your placement and employment prospects
- You'll get the opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- You'll use the latest technology and packages of that in the real business world
- We get to know you due to small class sizes and provide a personal tutor system
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors conduct international research giving you dynamic and research-informed teaching
- Study in a professional and interactive environment of our dedicated Business School
- We'll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
- We'll help build your confidence and prepare you for the real nature of the business world because your career post-graduation is important to us.
Foundation year - Compulsory modules: Essential University Skills 1, Contemporary Issues and the Media, Business Innovation, Essential University Skills 2, Leading and Managing Individuals and Organisations, Individual Case Study. Year one - Compulsory modules: Managing People and Organisations, The Business Environment, Introduction to Business Finance, Fundamentals of Business, Principles of Marketing, Management Accounting. Year two - Compulsory modules: Organisational Behaviour, Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainability in Practice, Global Systems Business and Culture, Sandwich Placement, Services Marketing, Managing Operations, International Economics. Year three - Compulsory modules: Strategic Analysis, International Marketing, Applied Business Research and Analysis, Independent Project, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Global Business, International Human Resource Management.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||56 - 72 points|
|A level||CD - DDD|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MPP - MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||M: 21 credits P: 24 credits||Must pass all 60 credits, 45 at level 3|
|Scottish Higher||DDDD - CCDD|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6000||Year 1|