This is a unique opportunity for you to work with national and international experts in Media and Culture while, at the same time, developing yourself as an expert in the field. One of very few such courses in the UK, this MRes will enable you to acquire fundamental research skills while carrying out a major research project of your choice. The MRes offers an ideal bridge to further postgraduate study (e.g. a PhD) or to acquire, transferable employer-related skills. Key features
- A bridge from undergraduate to postgraduate study
- Develop advanced research skills (e.g. in areas such as literature review and research methods)
- Work with national and international experts in your field
- Carry out a major research project in a topic of your choice
- Acquire transferable skills in areas such as project planning and management, time management, research and data analysis, digital literacy and report writing
- RSDP 4001 Developing as a Researcher
- MHCA4001 Research Approaches in the Humanities and Arts
- MHCA4002 Thesis Preparation Module
The course provides opportunities to test understanding and learning informally through the completion of practice or 'formative' assignments. Each module has one or more formal or 'summative' assessments which are graded and count towards the overall module grade. The assessment methods are designed to test out each of the core components of the major research project which will be the foundation of your MRes e.g. literature review, methods, underlying paradigms, theories, and philosophies. The assessments include: a personal development plan; a literature review; an in-class individual presentation; an essay (or equivalent); a sample chapter (or equivalent); an extended research project.
A First or Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1) Degree, or equivalent award, in Media and Culture or a related subject; AND/OR: Appropriate research or professional experience, which can be verified by evidence of achievement. This includes, for example, research related experience in the media/cultural industries, social media, PR and advertising, environmental organisations or groups, or work for a government organisation, NGO, Arts studio, museum, etc.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course