University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview An understanding of the barriers to inclusion and equity is critical if we are to ensure that children and young people achieve an enjoyable and fulfilling life. Whilst studying this foundation degree you will explore some of the factors directly related to the child or young person that influence their engagement with learning and education as well as wider issues in education or society as a whole. As a result you can make a significant difference by providing support and guidance to children and young people when they need it. As work based practice is a key part of this course you have the potential to earn whilst you learn. You will study with likeminded people across a range of other related professional roles based in your own community. This University of Worcester award is delivered by the partner institution The Learning Institute. Delivery venues range across Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, London and Somerset, (though not on the University of Worcester campus). The running of the degree and of individual groups will be subject to minimum numbers. This successful partnership between the University of Worcester and the Learning Institute is well established and has been recently reviewed resulting in the latest suite of new awards on offer.
- Subject to approval
- The use of weekly learning sessions, either face-to-face learning in local venues or online, enabling you to balance study, work and home demands.
- Local delivery in a study group supports you to be successful in your study.
- A requirement of attendance at two weekend (Friday evening and Saturday daytime) study sessions each year is structured to support you to engage with students on your course from across the country.
- Work based learning provides you with a key opportunity to connect your academic and professional learning with the expectation that students have access to 10 hours per week across the study year.
- You will share your study with students across a small number of interrelated programmes.
- There is the opportunity to progress to a BA top-up on completion.
- Course can be used to support you on your route into teacher training.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- The Learning Institute
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.