OVERVIEW Decision making, big data, management… there’s more to accounting and finance than numbers. By studying our accounting and finance degree, you’ll explore every aspect of the area and learn to support businesses across different sectors. Whether you want to work in a top accountancy firm or start a career in research, we’ll help you develop the expertise you need. You’ll take some of the professional exams too, so you’re one step closer to professional or chartered status when you graduate. Fit for the digital age Digitalisation has transformed the way this sector works and we’ve updated our course to reflect this. You won’t be spending hours working out calculations on paper – we’ll show you how to use the latest software that professionals use in practice. To help you develop the skills you need to stand out, we’ll assess you in different ways. Instead of a formal exam, you might prepare a presentation, write a report, or talk to a panel of experts. For example, past students have presented ideas to professionals from Salford City Council. Lecturers from leading organisations The majority of our lecturers have come from industry, so their teaching is based on their experience and in line with current practice. Many members of the team actively research areas like corporate governance in emerging economies, and quality of investor protection among countries. We bring in alumni and professionals from industry and professional bodies too. In the past, we’ve run sessions on mock psychometric tests, Excel and cloud accounting software. We also have a reverse mentoring scheme with EY where students provide mentoring to their clients. If there’s one thing for sure, you’ll never be short of opportunities to prepare for your career while you study here. Choose a placement or study abroad The course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three-year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies. You don’t have to decide now. If you opt to undertake a placement or study abroad your course will normally be four years full-time. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Qualify for exemptions with professional bodies – we’ve designed our courses around exemptions for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).
- Learn from experts – our teaching team have either worked in industry or extensively researched the area. Employers turn to us for bespoke training, management programmes and consulting.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Gain industry insight – join us for guest talks and masterclasses or take part in events run by Accounting, Finance and Banking Society.
- Gear our course to your career goals – pick from an exemption or non-exemption route in your final year.
- Prepare for a range of rewarding roles – our students go on to work at major organisations including PwC, Sainsbury’s, BNY Mellon and Handelsbanken.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building