King's College London, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
The Graduate & Professional Entry Programme enables honours-degree biomedical/life science graduates and healthcare professionals with equivalent academic qualifications to study for a fast-track degree in medicine. The programme design enables you to by- pass the first stage of a conventional medical degree to achieve qualification in four rather than five or six years. Key benefits
- Integrated medical science with clinical teaching and focus on learning in close contact with patients
- Partner hospitals include Guy’s, King’s College and St Thomas’ Hospitals – three of the most renowned and busiest teaching hospitals in London.
- In addition, students benefit from clinical placements at district general hospitals located across the south east of England and at over 350 general practices.
- Learn from some of the world’s most influential clinicians and scientists, who are global leaders in life sciences and medical research.
- A multi-faculty university giving you access to a breadth of non-core subjects including humanities and social sciences.
- Twinned with leading medical schools around the world, providing opportunities for clinical exchanges during your elective module
- Accredited by the General Medical Council (GMC), this Primary Medical Qualification entitles the holder to apply to the GMC for registration to practise medicine in the UK.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- General Medical Council
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This course is not accepting applications from Tier 4 international students. For more information, please contact the course provider.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 October*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please note that students with Overseas fee status are ineligible to apply for this programme. UKCISA has a number of resources to advise you of which fee status category you may fall into dependent on your circumstances, so we would recommend reviewing these prior to making an application.
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
|A level||Not accepted|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Not accepted|
|Access to HE Diploma||Not accepted|
|Scottish Higher||Not accepted|
|Scottish Advanced Higher||Not accepted|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||Not accepted|
|Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||Not accepted|
|Leaving Certificate - Ordinary Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||Not accepted|
|Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal||Not accepted|
Applicants are required to have either a minimum 2:1 (upper second class honours) undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) in a Biosciences subject. All applicants must take the UKCAT. For further information regarding entry requirements, please visit the online prospectus.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)
Must be taken in the summer before applying
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept the English Language component of a number of International and European qualifications as meeting our English Language requirements. These can include GCSE English, the International Baccalaureate, the Abitur or the French Baccalaureat. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|