This 2 year 1 day per week course is designed to provide:
- Training for technicians in design research, development and service support activities in Engineering, Manufacturing and Maintenance
- Progression to Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Degree Programmes.
- The language, knowledge and practical skills demanded in the Engineering Industry.
- Technical Certificate for the Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering.
This course is made up of the following units: Year 1 - Unit 34: Research Project Unit 35: Professional Engineering Management Unit 36: Advanced Mechanical Principles Year 2 - Unit 39: Further Mathematics Unit 44: Industrial Power, Electronics and Storage Unit 45: Industrial Systems Unit 49: Lean Manufacturing Please note - units are subject to change.
Your work will be continually assessed throughout the year with written assignments, presentations, practical experimentation and portfolios of work.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
• Successful completion of BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) • Relevant employment in the engineering sector. • GCSE English and maths at grade 4/C or above or demonstrated competency at L2 or above
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding