University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
See yourself as a qualified NMC registered nurse, confidently working across a wide range of settings? We’ll kick-start your career and help you get there. We’ve designed this course with your modern nursing career in mind, so not only is 50% of your degree spent on clinical placements, but you’ll frequently put your academic knowledge into practice using our mock wards and clinical simulation facilities. Why Choose University of Cumbria Your employability will be boosted because you’ll experience both city and rural healthcare systems and have the chance to develop as a nurse who can manage and influence changes in nursing and healthcare. And, since we’re one of only a few UK universities offering child, adult, learning disability and mental health nursing, you’ll gain a great understanding of other nursing fields to bolster your nursing potential.
- We'll cover the cost of your Uniform, DBS check** and occupational health check
- 100% of students who've wanted a job after graduation have done so successfully
- Eligible to join the NMC Register to practice as a qualified adult nurse
- Our contacts with NHS Trusts and care providers give you great employment prospects
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Opportunity to undertake your own research or alongside academic tutors
- Boost your care skills with events enabling you to see the journey from a patient’s perspective
- Take part in campaigns to implement positive changes in healthcare provision
- Develop leadership skills and learn to manage a team to boost your career
- Former students have won prestigious national awards for their work in nursing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE English, Maths and Science/Social Science at grade 4/C or above. Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English are also accepted.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|