Unleash your creative potential. This course will empower you to become an innovative actor, trained for the 21st Century. This course will equip you with the skills, techniques, and knowledge needed for a career in theatre and screen. As part of this course, you’ll • Study a skills-led acting curriculum that will introduce you to various performance disciplines through live and mediated platforms • Be exposed to multicultural approaches to acting techniques • Be encouraged to critically reflect on your skills to become a creative, intelligent, and culturally sensitive acting professional • Have practical opportunities to work with experienced practitioners in theatre including actor-trainers, acting professionals, directors and performers • Learn through practical projects, workshops, lectures, and performances Find out more Prepare for acting in the 21st Century This course will foster inclusivity and autonomous learning, preparing you for acting in the 21st century. Why study Acting at Leeds Beckett University...
- Take a holistic approach - your training will combine global arts and body practices with traditional Western practices
- Learn from specialist practitioners - the highly practical curriculum offers authentic experiences aligned with the creative industries, so you’ll gain the necessary skills and experiences to thrive in the acting industry
- Study a course with an innovative assessment and feedback model – it will promote your wellbeing while enabling you to feel industry-ready
- Choose a programme that is career-focused - with industry partnerships, professional development opportunities, and practical training that will equip you with the skills and experience you’ll need to succeed in the job market
- Project-based learning
- Actor Training
- Acting Project 1
- Movement Direction
- Acting for Screen
- Actor Training: Embodied Research Practice
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We may use selection criteria based on your personal attributes; experience and/or commitment to the area of study. This information will be derived from your personal statement and reference and will only be used if you have met the general entry requirements.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course