University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
If you’re looking for a course that’ll give you a solid foundation in business, give you the opportunities to work with real businesses and every chance to build a great employability profile – our Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) accredited degree is for you. We’ve designed you a foundation course - in consultation with industry and professional bodies – so you learn the basics of financial accounts to strategic financial planning and progress onto the full BA(Hons) degree. Why Choose University of Cumbria You’ll get a firm grasp of the fundamentals of business with a sound knowledge of applied financial theories, concepts and resources. But you won’t just learn theoretically about business - you’ll be doing it. Our innovative teaching can bolster your business practice because you’ll find yourself leading a lecture, or turning the classroom into a mock accountant’s office, giving you every opportunity to build your boardroom and business confidence.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are employed or in further study with 6 months of graduating (DLHE 2017)
- Use the latest technology and packages of that in the real business world
- Accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional businesses and with partnerships nationally and internationally boosts your placement and employment prospects
- You get great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- Study in a professional environment in our dedicated Business School
- Tailor-make your own courses to fit your future career path
- Graduate being the best you can be, because we will push you to your academic limit
- Opportunity to study abroad to give you first-hand experience in international business
Foundation year - Compulsory modules: Essential University Skills 1, Contemporary Issues and the Media, Business Innovation, Essential University Skills 2, Leading and Managing Individuals and Organisations, Individual Case Study. Year one - Compulsory modules: Managing People and Organisations, The Business Environment, Introduction to Business Finance, Fundamentals of Business, Principles of Marketing, Management Accounting. Year two - Compulsory modules: An Introduction to UK Law for Business, Management Accounting for Decision Making, The Financial Regulatory Environment, Corporate Law, UK Taxation, Introduction to Audit and Assurance. Year three - Compulsory modules: Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Financial Management, Management Accounting for Managing Performance, Business Valuation and Financial Risk, Audit and Assurance in Practice, Negotiated Project.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
If you are over 21 and returning to study after being in relevant employment for a minimum of 3 years and do not meet the published entry requirements for Year 1 of our degree courses, please do not assume you are not qualified to join us. Our experienced Admissions and Academic staff will review your prior qualifications and professional experience to support your application. The Integrated Foundation Year programmes support your return to education and are specifically designed for students who have the ability to study for a degree but may not have all the necessary qualifications, skills or experience to join the degree in Year 1. Contact our Course Enquiries Team for more information.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6000||Year 1|