This one year top-up programme offers direct entry into the final year of a Bachelors degree to students who have successfully completed a relevant HND (or equivalent), or who have completed the second year of relevant undergraduate degree, who wish to use their current qualifications to develop skills in international fashion practices. With a strong focus on employability and social responsibility, BA (Hons) International Fashion Business, is aimed at applicants from a variety of backgrounds who want to gain a professional understanding of the fashion industry. The programme structure will provide a sound knowledge of international fashion business and provide opportunities for applicants who would like to establish their own fashion brand or business in this competitive globalised industry. This course will equip graduates with a proficiency in the key skills required to help evolve the fashion industry to become more ethically conscious, socially progressive, culturally aware, and environmentally sustainable. The programme offers opportunities to develop a professional portfolio working alongside leading brands on dedicated live projects. Students will also respond to industry-focused and collaborative live briefs. Features and Benefits:
- This is an ideal degree if you want to top up your existing qualifications and achieve a BA (Hons) degree in just one year.
- On successful completion of the programme, you can progress directly onto a Masters degree at Manchester Fashion Institute.
- You will have the chance to engage with employers and promote your work through live events, displays and simulated real world scenarios such as mock interviews or pitches.
- A strong focus on industry, with industry visits, field trips to related businesses and organisations and input from guest speakers and industry experts throughout the programme.
- Opportunity to work alongside a student group with diverse experiences and educational and cultural backgrounds.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
To be considered for entry to this Top Up course, we require 240 CATS credits earned through recent (up to 2 years) completion of a relevant Foundation Degree, Advanced Diploma, HND (merit or above), the first two years of a relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent. In cases where applicants are returning from industry and do not meet the standard admissions criteria, a case-by-case assessment of recent relevant professional experience will be made to establish suitability for entry to the course. Eligible applicants will be invited to interview as part of the application process. International students will also be required to achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 with no component less than 5.5, or an equivalent accepted English language qualification.
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building