Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
OVERVIEW Our Events Management programme is designed to give you the academic and hands-on skills required to succeed in all parts of the events industry. By the time you graduate, you’ll be more than equipped to organise a wide variety of events, bringing a creative and strategic mind-set to each and every challenge. Along the way, you’ll develop a broad knowledge of the industry and, via our option units, specialise in those sectors you’re particularly interested in. All our units are created in collaboration with industry partners, ensuring they are relevant and up-to-the-minute. Being in a trendy, buzzing city like Manchester means you’ll have an internationally renowned events destination on your doorstep. With year-round music, food and drink, sporting and cultural events, there are few better places around the country to discover opportunities to gain hands-on experience. Manchester is home to major venues and is an ideal base to begin your career in events. Every year, the city hosts internationally renowned music, sports, cultural and food and drink events. Not only that, Manchester Met is ranked in the top 10 in the UK for Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism, in The Guardian University Guide 2020. Outside of the lecture theatre, we offer plenty of opportunities to help you gain hands-on experience. You could complete an industry short course, volunteer at events, or work on live projects with our industry partners. There’s also an opportunity to spend a year on placement to put your skills into action. By the time you graduate, you’ll be more than equipped to organise a wide variety of events, bringing a creative and strategic mind-set to each and every challenge. Choose a placement or study abroad – the course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three-year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies. You don’t have to decide now. If you opt to undertake a placement or study abroad your course will normally be four years full-time. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple crown – study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Top 10 in the UK - we're ranked in the top 10 in the UK for Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism, in the Guardian University Guide 2020.
- Achieve an accredited degree – your Manchester Met degree will be accredited by the Association of British Professional Conference Organisers.
- Live in a city with a jam-packed calendar – Manchester regularly hosts major music, sports, cultural, and food and drink events.
- Regular industry events – get insights from and network with inspirational guest speakers like Gareth Cooper, Founder of Broadwick Live, and Shona McCarthy, Chief Executive of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Live projects – from Year 1, you’ll benefit from hands-on experience by working on projects with real businesses.
- Immerse yourself in industry - previous students have secured roles at WRG in Manchester, Cheshire based Fresh Group, Manchester Central and Awesome Events in London.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course