OVERVIEW People never forget great events. Reading this, you’ve probably got one in mind. Perhaps a festival you went to with a group of friends, a huge sporting event, or even a wedding at a fantastic venue. But have you ever wondered what it takes to manage an event? If you’re curious about what goes on behind the scenes, our course is for you. On the BA (Hons) Events Management degree, you'll be immersed in the world of events, connected with experts and prepared for your first role in the industry. Create connections Even as a student, you’ll feel part of the industry. At our annual conference, Events Connect, you’ll have the chance to meet and hear from leading events professionals. Businesses that have joined us in the past include the organisers of Parklife, Festival Republic, and managers of local venues like Manchester Central. If you really want to boost your CV, we’d encourage you to do a placement year. Or, if you can’t take a year out, take advantage of our connections and volunteer around your studies. With hundreds of opportunities every year, it’s a great way to get a feel for different areas of events. Experts in all areas of events With years of experience between them, our teaching team will share their stories and pass on their expertise to you. Many of them carry out research, so understand the latest challenges the industry faces and how it is adapting because of the global pandemic. You can be assured that what you learn is current and relevant in the evolving environment. We’ll bring in industry specialists to support our teaching too. For example, experts in audio visual training will show you how to use the kit, and producers will talk you through the behind the scenes work that goes into running an event. We’ll give you the chance to take part in practical event operation sessions, and we’ll also help you gain short course qualifications in areas like health and safety. By making sure you have these opportunities, you’ll stand out to top employers in this industry. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Support with your studies - student support initiatives including drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
- Expert teaching team – learn from lecturers who have real industry experience managing events in Manchester and around the world.
- Regular guest lecturers – hear from experts like John Probyn from Festival Republic, and Sacha Lord, Co-Creator of Parklife and The Warehouse Project.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Tailor your studies – we offer a wide range of optional units in your second and third year to help you specialise in specific areas.
- Do your degree your way – we encourage all our students to go on placement, but only you know if it’s the right decision for you. Just let us know nearer the time.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course