University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Our sport development and coaching course blends both applied practical skills and knowledge of coaching, with the vital skills and functions of resource management. Giving you a broad skill range which is attractive to potential employees in a variety of sport sectors. At Worcester, our innovative combination of sports development, coaching, and management provides you with the diverse array of skills and experience you will need to drive high quality sports development services. This multi-disciplinary approach will also equip you with operational, strategic and project management expertise that will enable you to take a dynamic approach to leading innovation and change within the sector. Key features
- Extensive work based learning, problem based teaching and practical activities which mean theoretical concepts are frequently applied to practical working environments.
- Opportunity to gain additional technical qualifications, such as a variety coaching awards, which enhance the student's employability prospects.
- Excellent facilities, including the University of Worcester Arena an official Paralympic training venue and winner of the 2015 Guardian Buildings that Inspire award.
- Expert staff who have taught in the sport development sector and have published work on the subject area.
- Diverse range of future career path preparation, including sport development, community coaching, international sport development, teaching, and entering the growing sector of social entrepreneurship.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page