The agricultural industry is becoming increasingly complex. Changes in support mechanisms and pressure to diversify and manage the environment have made success in the farming sector increasingly reliant on high quality. You will also study agricultural production systems and animal science as core subjects. This degree meets the strong demand for graduates who want to develop a firm understanding of both agriculture and animal science. Here is why we think Aberystwyth is the place for you:
- Students on this course will develop and benefit from the modern teaching facilities that equip you with the practical skills and scientific knowledge base to underpin your future career;
- During the course, you will be invited on visits to farms and businesses that are innovating leaders and possess the technical know-how;
- At Aberystwyth University, we place a great emphasis on providing you with a student experience that is memorable and enables you to succeed in your degree;
- Aberystwyth University has a long-established and enviable reputation throughout the world for its teaching and research in agriculture and rural science, and the Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences is the largest and best-resourced university department of its kind in the UK;
- The University offers students over 1000HA of farmland, including lowland and upland sheep farms; a 500 cow dairy herd; intensive and extensive beef production systems; an equine centre and a flow of layer poultry.
- Agricultural consultant;
- Animal Nutrition;
- Animal Welfare;
- Farm Manager;
- Rural practice surveyor;
- Soil scientist;
- Animal nutritionist.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site (Aberystwyth)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants are selected on their individual merits and offers can vary. We allow you flexibility in meeting our entry requirements, and all qualifications that you have already gained, or are working towards, will be considered when reviewing your application. We have an inclusive policy which recognises a broad range of qualifications. The entry requirements listed above represent typical offers for some of the most popular qualifications taken by applicants. If you cannot find the qualifications that you are studying (or have previously studied) please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Office (Telephone: +44 (0)1970 622021; Email: [email protected]) for advice on your eligibility and details of the typical offer you are likely to receive.
Additional entry requirements
A minimum grade C or grade 4 pass in GCSE (or equivalent) English or Welsh is a requirement for entry to all our degree schemes. Business, Mathematics, Psychology and Science degree schemes also require a minimum grade C or grade 4 pass in GCSE (or equivalent).
English language requirements
|Cambridge English Advanced||B|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||C|
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5||With minimum 5.5 in each component.|
|PTE Academic||55||With minimum score of 51 in any component.|
|TOEFL (iBT)||88||With minimum scores in components as follows: Listening 21; Writing 21; Reading 22; Speaking 23.|
If you are an international student needing more information about the English Language requirement for your course (e.g. country-specific English Language tests, Partner Institution tests, EU/EEA English Language qualifications where the school curriculum is taught in a native language) please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office for further advice.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9000||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Aberystwyth University offers a valuable package of scholarships and bursaries to support students. Our long-established Entrance Examination competition means you could get up to £2,000 a year towards your living and study costs. You can combine that with any or all of our other awards, to make your financial package more valuable. Our awards include Sport and Music Scholarships, Bursaries for Care Leavers/Young Carers/Estranged Students and a range of department specific awards. Please visit our website for full details.
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (undergraduate enquiries)
+44 (0)1970 621986
+44 (0)1970 622350
Undergraduate Admissions Office (undergraduate enquiries)