This course is aimed at students from outside the UK and enables you to top up your existing qualification to a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree upon successful completion. Studied full-time over one year, it is designed to develop your knowledge of the event and hospitality industry, developing industry-ready skills upon successful completion, as well as incorporating the advanced study of business English. This course is designed to enhance your existing knowledge, skills and capabilities to respond proactively and creatively to contemporary issues in event management and hospitality operations within an increasingly global marketplace. We combine the study of events marketing with hospitality management theory, aiming to provide a broad-based business education. Subjects covered include corporate planning and event marketing, live event management, strategic management and venue operations management. You will explore a wide variety of contemporary issues and challenges faced by managers in the hospitality sector, both corporate and non-corporate. We will often refer to news stories and the latest research or share experiences from both national and international contexts. Key Course Benefits One of the fastest-growing economic sectors in the world, the dynamic event and hospitality industry is also a major global employer. There is an ever-increasing demand for individuals who can market and manage events, activities and services successfully.
- You will have the opportunity to learn how to apply business principles, including marketing theory and strategic management to the solution of hospitality and event management problems. We will also aim to utilise a variety of teaching and learning methods, such as problem-based exercises, discussions and presentations.
- We aim to help prepare you for a career in the international hospitality industry upon successful completion of the course, and at the same time, you’ll have the chance to develop both your English language skills and intercultural competency.
- Blending theory and practice, the course draws together your previous studies to give you the opportunity to develop your strategic knowledge and understanding in areas required by contemporary international tourism organisations.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop analytical, organisational, problem-solving, interpersonal, communications and project management skills, together with an appreciation of the diversity of cultures involved in developing and managing international hospitality operations.
- We aim to discuss current issues in event management and typically invite people currently working in the events industry to share their experiences and views*.
Level 6 Entry The below modules are studied if you are entering at Level 6. You will have the opportunity to delve deeper into topics such as strategic marketing, managing venues, and overseeing international events, as well as studying a module covering the usage of English in a business setting. All modules listed below are mandatory. Modules: Strategic Management in Sport and Events Sport and Event Entrepreneurship Venue Operations Management International Event Management Contemporary Issues in Hospitality Management Academic Presentations for Business Add+vantage Module We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated. Before accepting any offers, please check the website for the most up to date course content. For full module details please check the course page on the Coventry University website. *For further information please check the course page on the Coventry University website
This course will be assessed using a variety of methods which could vary depending upon the module. Assessment methods include: Formal examinations Phase tests Essays Group work Presentations Reports Projects Coursework Exams Individual Assignments Laboratories The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that our courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards achieving the intended learning outcomes.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- European Foundation for Management Development
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Successful completion of 2 years appropriate academic study in Higher Education or HND equivalent. All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.