The Masters in Computing Science provides you with a thorough grounding in advanced computing science, together with experience of conducting a development project, preparing you for responsible positions in the IT industry. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- The School of Computing Science is ranked 7th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2020).
- The School is a member of the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance: SICSA. This collaboration of Scottish universities aims to develop Scotland's place as a world leader in Informatics and Computer Science research and education.
- The School of Computing Science has extensive contacts with industrial partners who contribute to several of their taught courses, through active teaching, curriculum development, and panel discussion. Recent contributors include representatives from IBM, J.P. Morgan, Amazon, Adobe and Red Hat.
- You will have opportunities to meet employers who come to make recruitment presentations, and often seek to recruit our graduates during the programme.
- You will benefit from having 24-hour access to a computer laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art hardware and software.
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'.
A minimum of a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA 3.0/4 or equivalent) with Computing Science as a major subject. This programme is not available to recent graduates who have been awarded an undergraduate degree in either Computing Science or Software Engineering from the University of Glasgow. These applicants should, if not already graduated, consider continuing to the integrated MSci award.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.
University of Glasgow
The Fraser Building
65 Hillhead Street
Clearing contact details
Clearing Application Line
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0141 330 4515