Jump straight into a rewarding career in nursing. Within your first term you’ll be on a placement, discovering the job first hand. With our links to prominent London hospitals, Nursing at King’s provides you with the skills and experience to become a future leader in healthcare. We focus on developing your practical skills to help make sure you leave King’s capable of taking on any challenge in your career. And our research knowledge means you’ll always be up-to-date with the latest thinking. Key benefits
- Study on the job, with placements at world-famous London hospitals including King's College Hospital, Guy's and St Thomas', and optional electives in regions like East Asia or Africa
- We have a great track record of developing leaders in the sector - we're now the UK's top nursing faculty and the world's second (QS World University Rankings 2019)
- This course is delivered by internationally renowned clinicians and academics with a strong focus on promoting evidence-based care and appreciation of translational research.
- We offer a programme of 50% clinical and simulated practice so that you develop a wide set of excellent clinical skills and 50% learning through lectures, seminars and guided learning so that you have the knowledge and understanding to inform your work as a clinician
- As part of the course, students will develop hands-on experience through training in the state-of-the-art and the award-winning Simulation and Interactive learning Centre, which replicates both hospital and home care environments- including a six-bay adults ward, operating theatre and intensive care unit
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Required subjects: Five GCSEs grade 4/C including English Language, Maths and Science. We can accept equivalent qualifications to meet GCSE requirements. Preferred subjects: Science subjects
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Occupational Health Checks Required
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|