- Explore the culture, politics and international role of the Asia Pacific while becoming fluent in language from the region – laying the foundation for a huge variety of exciting career paths.
- Asia Pacific countries have a huge influence in today’s global economy. The modules you’ll study on this course will offer a well-rounded appreciation of why. You’ll study your chosen language – whether Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Russian – intensively at our campus in Preston, before gaining invaluable experience with a year spent in the region.
- While the course is built on a foundation of advanced language skills, it brings together expertise from a wide variety of different areas. You’ll gain insight into the culture, society, history, economy, international relations and politics of the Asia Pacific, giving you the fullest picture of the character and way of life in the region.
- It’s this mix that sets our graduates apart from others. You don’t need any previous knowledge of the language to get started. But by the time you graduate, you should leave us a confident communicator, with a range of transferrable skills and a good understanding of the region – ready for work in a multitude of industries in or engaged with the Asia Pacific.
- Our Asian Studies courses are ranked 2nd in the North West and in the UK top 10 for teaching quality – National Student Survey 2019.
- Our Confucius Institute is a partnership between ourselves, Beijing International Studies University and Hanban, promoting Chinese culture and language.
- We’re home to the only Institute of Korean Studies outside London, together with the Northern England Policy Centre for the Asia Pacific, the Northern Institute of Taiwan Studies and the Centre for Austronesian Studies.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Central Lancashire
Course contact detailsVisit our course page