This cutting-edge degree provides students with social scientific skills and knowledge, applying these to analysing religion in the world today. It builds from sociology, anthropology and political science to illuminate religion’s role in domestic and global contexts, and, conversely, explores how contemporary religious expressions shape and are shaped by cultural, social and political trends. This is a pioneering programme and is the first of its kind in the UK. Key benefits
- Our teaching makes the most of London's rich religious culture, incorporating many places of worship and the collections of the British Museum.
- King's is home to a large, vibrant Department of Theology & Religious Studies, with special expertise in Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Buddhism and a variety of contemporary religious movements.
- A Sociology, Politics & Religion degree at King's will equip you with key transferable skills which can lead to a variety of different careers.
- London is home to a mix of people of hugely diverse backgrounds, and offers great opportunities to you as a student of sociology, politics and religion.
- King's is ranked no.1 in London for Theology & Religious Studies (QS Subject Rankings 2023) and in the top ten for Theology, Divinity & Religious Studies in the UK (QS World Rankings by subject 2023).
- Please see our online prospectus for further details on this programme: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/sociology-politics-and-religion-ba
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Preferred subjects: None Required subjects: None
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|