Kingston University has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Why choose this course?
This sector-endorsed Early Years Foundation Degree is a two-year higher education degree course that is run in collaboration with 10 partner colleges. The course enables you to combine academic study with work-based learning. It develops sound theoretical and practice based knowledge for those working with young children (birth to five years of age) in a variety of settings. On successful completion of the Early Years Foundation Degree students can progress onto a work-based learning BA (Hons) Top Up programme within the same sector.
Examples of modules:
- Personal and Professional Development Through Reflective Practice
- Child Development, Observation and Assessment
- Child Protection and Ethical Practices of Working With Children
- Inclusive Education and Interprofessional Perspectives
- Historical and International Perspectives of Early Years Education
- Early Years Pedagogy and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Special Project
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Brooklands College - Weybridge Campus|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
• Level 3 early years qualification (or equivalent).
• Employment in an appropriate setting (either paid or voluntary) for at least 16 hours per week for the duration of the course.
• Normally two years' experience in an appropriate setting.
The selection process involves interview at your chosen college, selection exercises and a current DBS check.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)