The HND provides a wide-ranging study of the business sector and is designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in business giving students both the experience of the breadth and depth of the sector that will prepare them for further study or training.
The purpose of BTEC Higher Nationals in Business is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualification aims to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
• Progressing to university
• Entering employment
• Continuing existing employment
• Linking with the appropriate Professional Body
• Committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Higher National Diploma - HND
Tresham College - Kettering Campus
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business:
• Business and the Business Environment
• Marketing Essentials
• Human Resource Management
• Management and Operations
• Management Accounting
• Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson-set unit).
• Business Law
• Financial Accounting
Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
• Accounting and Finance
• Business Management
• Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
• Human Resource Management
• Operations Management
• General Business
• Written reports, essays
• In-class tests
• Creation of financial documents
• Creation of planning documents
• Work-based projects
• Academic posters, displays, leaflets
• PowerPoint (or similar) presentations
• Recordings of interviews/role plays
• Working logbooks, reflective journals
• Presentations with assessor questioning
• Time-constrained assessment
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Tresham College - Kettering Campus|
This means the year in which you would like to start the course.
‘Year 1’ means you will start in the first year.
‘Year 0’ means you will enter onto a foundation year.
You may be able to start some courses in the second or third years, if you meet certain criteria. You will need to discuss this with the university or college directly.
The following entry points are available for this course:
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
• A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
• A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
• Other related Level 3 qualifications
• An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
• An international equivalent of the above.
• Related work experience
|Northern Ireland||£5,950||Year 1|