The HND provides a wide-ranging study of the business sector and is designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in business giving students both the experience of the breadth and depth of the sector that will prepare them for further study or training.
The purpose of BTEC Higher Nationals in Business is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualification aims to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
• Progressing to university
• Entering employment
• Continuing existing employment
• Linking with the appropriate Professional Body
• Committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business:
• Business and the Business Environment
• Marketing Essentials
• Human Resource Management
• Management and Operations
• Management Accounting
• Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson-set unit).
• Business Law
• Financial Accounting
Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
• Accounting and Finance
• Business Management
• Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
• Human Resource Management
• Operations Management
• General Business
• Written reports, essays
• In-class tests
• Creation of financial documents
• Creation of planning documents
• Work-based projects
• Academic posters, displays, leaflets
• PowerPoint (or similar) presentations
• Recordings of interviews/role plays
• Working logbooks, reflective journals
• Presentations with assessor questioning
• Time-constrained assessment
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
You are viewing a course summary page, please select a course option to see the application codes
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
• A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
• A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
• Other related Level 3 qualifications
• An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
• An international equivalent of the above.
• Related work experience
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£5,895||Year 1|