The purpose of the HND Future Homes Design and Construction is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the construction and the built environment sector and adapt to a constantly changing world; with specific emphases on the design, manufacture and installation of housing, using off-site, factory-built and new technologies.
HNDs are substantially coursework / project based and are designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for the construction sector.
If you are working within the construction field or have ambitions of working in this area in a professional, managerial, or technical capacity, then this course is for you.
HNC (LEVEL 4)
• Individual Project (Pearson Set) (15 credits)
• Construction Technology (15 credits)
• Construction Practice and Management (15 credits)
• Building Information Modelling (15 credits)
• Principles of Alternative Energy (15 credits)
• Housing Design and Specification (15 credits)
• Principles of Off-site Construction (15 credits)
• Principles of Housing Economics (15 credits)
HND (LEVEL 5)
• Group Project (Pearson Set) (30 credits)
• Advanced Building Information Modelling (15 credits)
• Alternative Energy Systems Design and Installation (15 credits)
• Advanced Housing Design and Specification (15 credits)
• Advanced Off-site Construction (15 credits)
• Housing Development and Prototyping (30 credits)
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||University Centre Peterborough|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||48 points||In a related subject|
|A level||DD||In Maths and Physics|
|Scottish HNC||Students who have achieved a HNC in a elated subject are encouraged to contact us to discuss admission with credit.|
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this coursehttps://www.ucp.ac.uk/a-z-courses/
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£8,000||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£8,000||Year 1|