This work-based learning Top-Up degree is designed to be undertaken on completion of a foundation degree, or other Level 5 qualification, in an area related to education. This programme is ideal preparation for those who may wish to progress towards a teaching qualification or academic postgraduate education, or take on more responsibility in their educational setting.
You will have the opportunity to develop subject expertise while engaging with current debate and professional practice. You will be introduced to new concepts and higher order skills such as synthesis and critical evaluation.
• Evaluating Current Debates and Development
• Leadership in Multi-Agency Environments
• Work-Based Research: Research Proposal Project.
Plus related core modules:
• Preparing to Teach: Environment and Inclusion
• Supporting Learning and Inclusion. Topic areas include support and inclusion of those with individual needs, education’s role in the multi-agency workforce, teaching skills, learning strategies and project work.
You will develop reflective practitioner skills and the application of theory to practice when you undertake a range of work-based activities including workplace analysis in terms of practices and models of management, teamwork, teaching and learning.
You will be introduced to the key issues related to ethical practice and how to reflect critically on the work place in a professional fashion. It is hoped, although not compulsory, that you will identify a work place mentor who could support your studies and research.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Barnsley College Higher Education Church Street Campus|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please visit our website for information at http://universitycampus.barnsley.ac.uk/study-at-ucb/international-students/
• Foundation Degree or other Level 5 qualification in an area related to education.
• GCSE grade C/4 or higher in English Language (or Level 2 equivalent).
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£5,995||Year 1|