Awarded by: Pearson Education Ltd
The purpose of BTEC Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Electrical & Electronic) is to develop you as professional, self-reflecting individual able to meet the demands of employers in the electrical and electronic, mechanical business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world.
The objectives of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Electrical & Electronic) are as follows:
● To provide opportunities for students to enter, or progress in, employment within the engineering sector, or progress to higher education qualifications such as degrees and the honorous degree in engineering or a closely related area, by balancing employability skills with academic attainment.
● To provide students with the core knowledge, skills, and techniques that all engineers require, irrespective of future specialism, to achieve high performance in the engineering profession.
● To build a body of specialist knowledge, skills and techniques in order to be successful in a range of careers in engineering at the Associate Engineer or Operational Engineer level.
● To develop the skills necessary to fault find and problem solves in a timely, professional manner, reflecting on their work and contributing to the development of the process and environment they operate within.
● To understand the responsibilities of the engineer within society, and work with integrity, regard for cost, sustainability and the rapid rate of change experienced in world-class engineering.
● To provide opportunities for students to make progress towards achieving internationally recognized registration with a Professional Body regulated by the Engineering Council.
Teaching and Learning
● You will be taught through a combination of lectures, seminars, and tutorials. You will be taught by experienced lecturers whose knowledge and expertise are matched to the content of the modules on the course.
● You will be attending on weekdays and Saturdays.
You must select an option for this course before you can view its entry requirements.