University of the Arts London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
BA Interior Design at Chelsea College of Arts is a course with an emphasis on collaborative, provocative and innovative design for future environments.
The course works in partnership with organisations, practices and key individuals from the design industry. During the course, you will be able to work on a range of live projects. These range from small-scale furniture and product design, through to large-scale proposals for public and private interiors. The course is professionally recognised by the Chartered Society of Designers.
What you can expect:
• To work in our design studio and be set professional briefs. This will give you an understanding of a real working environment
• An introduction to issues related to designing public interior spaces. You will look at areas such as planning and ergonomics
• A range of live projects both small and large scale. From briefs for furniture and product design through to proposals for commercial and retail interiors. These will engage and develop your creative, technical and analytical abilities
• To produce work ranging from small to large-scale interior schemes. These will examine all aspects of an interior design brief from conception through to completion
• To explore interior design disciplines and skills. These will include computer aided design, drawing, model-making, photography, testing and researching
• An architecture and design lecture and seminar programme
• To have access to Chelsea's shared workshops. These include laser cutting, photography, metalwork, woodwork and audio-visual editing suite.
About Chelsea College of Arts
Chelsea College of Arts is one of London's most prestigious art and design colleges. The College offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in curating and collections, fine art, graphic design communication, textile design, product and furniture design, interior design, and interior & spatial design.
The College's small size and supportive atmosphere creates an exciting community of creative students and staff. You will learn the practical, theoretical and professional elements of your subject from our expert staff. Chelsea College of Arts is a place where experimentation, ideas and concepts are encouraged to develop.
The College's Grade ll listed Pimlico site, located in central London overlooks the Tate Britain and the River Thames. It has excellent workshops, extensive library facilities, a canteen and an onsite gallery, Chelsea Space.
The College’s alumni include Anish Kapoor, Steve McQueen, Haroon Mirza, Mariko Mori, Mike Nelson, Chris Ofili, James Richards, Mark Wallinger, Gillian Wearing and Tatty Devine co-founders, Harriet Vine and Rosie Wolfenden.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Chelsea College of Arts|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|England||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Scotland||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Wales||£9,250 *||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.