BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces is a professionally focused interdisciplinary design course that will equip you with the specialist skills and knowledge to create multi-sensory, interactive, scenographic spaces, events and experiences. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant & Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
What can you expect?
Innovation, curiosity, creativity and the articulation of ideas through experimentation are central to the course experience. We will encourage you to see things differently and to design solutions that are unique to you both in concept and realisation.
You will develop your creativity and design knowledge through a range of practical and theoretical design practices. A lively studio culture is enhanced by contextual studies and the development of professional practice skills – essential in the competitive workplace.
You will be taught by an inspiring community of experienced designers, technical specialist and theorists, in addition to visits from guest lecturers. You will also benefit from key thinkers and practitioners working across boundaries and at the cutting edge of their disciplines.
Five reasons to apply
• Be part of an expanding field: You will learn to design innovative solutions for a broad range of contexts placing you at the forefront of the rapidly expanding field of experiential design.
• Cutting-edge discipline: BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces offers dynamic and wide ranging opportunities to integrate design practices across a wide range of commercial, cultural, public and urban contexts.
• Leader in its field: The course is future facing and critically engaged. You will learn how to explore the power of design to transform and enrich audiences’ experiences in a socially and environmentally conscious mindset.
• Professional networks: You will work on live and collaborative briefs with clients and project partners such as brands and organisations, as well as with students from other disciplines, designers and design studios. Students can also apply for the Diploma in Professional Studies to spend a year working in industry between year 2 and 3.
• Knowledge and skills: You will learn research and design methods alongside digital skills, materials and technologies, to develop your contextual knowledge and advance practices of design for branded spaces creative disciplines.
About London College of Communication
The communications sector is evolving fast. Through our world-leading community of teaching, research and industry partnerships, we enable our students to develop the critical, creative and technical excellence needed to succeed and to discover new possibilities and practices.
Our Design, Media and Screen Schools produce experts and award-winners across virtual reality, journalism, photography, television and sound, graphic communication, games, design management – and more.
The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces.
Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies. Student designers, makers and innovators have worked with Nike, Penguin, the EU Commission, Colgate, Plan International, the National Trust, Nokia and Royal Mail, to name a few.
Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
London College of Communication
16 September 2019
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||London College of Communication|
The following entry points are available for this course:
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|