BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces introduces you to the design of immersive and interactive spaces using the latest digital technologies. You will design innovative spatial solutions to key challenges affecting urban futures across a range of commercial, retail, workplace, cultural and community branded interiors. The course is aimed at students who are interested in designing interior, pop up, installation and event spaces for commercial and cultural brands. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant & Castle, part of University of the Arts London.
What can you expect?
• The course will offer you an insight into the future of spatial professions. You will also work with commercial and cultural institutions to help you leverage your tangible and intangible assets within a global design and digital context.
• The practical component of the course is underpinned by critical interrogation, where you will analyse what is at stake for corporations, designers, cultural organisations and audiences in the creation of spaces that blur the boundaries between commerce and culture, public and private.
• The course also critically engages with branded spaces by drawing on theories, terms and debates from art and design history, cultural studies, sensory ethnography and effects studies. You will graduate with a rigorous forward facing portfolio of outputs that showcases work across branded spaces, interior architecture, experience design, interaction design and urban futures. The projects will evidence a critical understanding of digital innovation and a high level of conceptual engagement with digitally enhanced branded spaces.
• Designing branded spaces is a thriving industry and the choice of progression routes is broad. The course prepares you to work in industries across commercial, cultural and public design practices in areas such as retail, leisure, hospitality, offices, showrooms, exhibitions, trade shows, events, installations, public interiors, set and stage design.
Five reasons to apply
• BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces integrates the design of physical and visual branded spaces with digital technologies, spatial communication and experiential design, enabling you to create stimulating experiences and innovative brand interactions for customers and visitors of commercial, cultural and non-profit brands.
• Work on live and experimental briefs in collaboration with high profile experience, spatial and interaction design organisations and designers.
• Be immersed in a proactive professional context with branding and marketing approaches and strategic frameworks that underpin design practices.
• Actively participate in the development of future branded spaces innovations, by using design techniques such as speculative and design fiction to anticipate intelligent ways to develop future scenarios for brands.
• Students can apply for the Diploma in Professional Studies and spend a year working in industry between Years 2 and 3.
About London College of Communication (LCC)
The LCC experience is all about learning by doing. As an LCC student, you’ll get your hands dirty and develop your skills in outstanding technical spaces. Our facilities are at an industry standard and include photographic and television studios, darkrooms, 3D workshop, prototyping lab, gallery spaces, printing studios, and newsrooms.
Our courses are industry focused and you’ll be taught by an inspiring community of experienced academics, technical experts, and leading specialist practitioners within our Design School, Media School and Screen School.
We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in subjects such as journalism, advertising, Public Relations and publishing, photography, film, television and sound, graphic communication, illustration and visual communication, animation, games, design management, branded spaces and interactive and information design.
Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
London College of Communication
16 September 2019
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||London College of Communication|
The following entry points are available for this course:
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|