Reasons to choose Archaeology with Education at Lampeter UWTSD include:
1. A wide choice of different modules and topics to choose, that provide students with practical fieldwork experience, laboratory bases courses, as well as an understanding of key theoretical approaches in the discipline.
2. All students taught through small groups, with interactive lectures, one-to-one tutorials, and seminars – we also offer covering laboratory based learning, including the analysis of soil, pollen, and bones.
3. Work placement opportunities with local archaeology trusts, CADW, National Trust and so on.
4. Staff with teaching and research expertise in a wide international area.
5. The opportunity to study a range of education-related subjects relevant to a wide range of careers with unique pathway options allow you to specialise your studies in an area that suits you.
Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
16 September 2019
TArchaeology is the study of the human past through an examination of physical remains such as stone tools, pottery and bones, through to buildings, structures, monuments and landscapes. It attempts to reveal how both contemporary societies and past societies are organised, how humanity interacts with the environments and landscapes, and how ideas about the world are visible in the objects people have created.
On the education side of the programme, pedagogy is approached from the perspectives of history, philosophy, psychology and sociology, thereby offering you critical insights into key issues of how learning is organised and the factors that influence it. We also examine wider educational issues such as equality, diversity and inclusion as well as creative learning, alternatives to mainstream education and community engagement.
Students are assessed in a variety of ways to help develop both independent study skills as well as team-working capabilities. A range of assessment methods are utilised, portfolios, presentations, academic posters as well as a range of opportunities to engage in research-based activities.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Lampeter Campus|
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||96 points||Grades are important; however, our offers are not solely based on academic results. We are interested in creative people that demonstrate a strong commitment to their chosen subject area and therefore we welcome applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. To assess student suitability for their chosen course we normally arrange interviews for all applicants at which your skills, achievements and life experience will be considered as well as your qualifications.|
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
|Channel Islands||£9,000||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,000||Year 1|