University Centre Somerset - Bridgwater & Taunton College has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
We are living in one of the most documented, recorded, analysed and inter-connected periods in our history with many aspects of our daily lives now being assisted by increasingly complex computerised technology. From smartphones and smart TVs to self-driving cars and gig data systems, our economy places great importance on serious computing and programming skills to shape the future of society. Develop skills in computing and digital technologies and you'll be employable the world over. This industry sector continues to grow and this degree has been carefully designed to equip you with the vital technical skills employers require for their workforce. Included in our provision is a commitment to developing your professional skills, in order to enhance our employability upon graduation.
- Programming and Software Fundamentals
- Web Application Development
- Networking and Cyber Security Essentials
- Databases and Information Systems
- 3D Visualisation and Interaction Fundamentals
- Professional Skills and Practices
- Advanced Programming and Software Engineering
- User Experience (UX) and Full Stack Development
- Advanced Networking and Cyber Security
- Big Data and Data Science
- Virtual Reality and Immersive Technologies
- Digital Technologies Industry Project
- Software Development and Quality Assurance
- Smart Device Application Development
- Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Individual Professional Project
Assessment is through a mix of assignments, examinations and presentations. As part of the course, you will be required to undertake projects both in groups and individually.
A prominent feature of the course is the use of in-course assessment, where modules are assessed by the course teaching team while you complete them. There is also an assessed period of work experience as part of the course.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Taunton Campus|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Students would be required to have achieved a relevant subject qualification and achieve an Academic IELTS of 5.5 overall with a minimum of 5.0 in each component
|UCAS Tariff||80 points|
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7,800||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Fax: 01278 444363
Thursday 15 August - 0800 - 2000 Friday 16 August - 0800 - 1800 Saturday 17 August - 1000 - 1400 week commencing 19 August - Monday - Thursday 0830 - 1700 Friday 0830 - 1630
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Information and Guidance