East Surrey College has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
This professionally-focused specialist degree course develops the skills, knowledge and understanding that provide a comprehensive education in the business and operational practices of the air transport industry. It is designed for people working in, or intending to work in, the airline and airport sectors.
Students will be required to analyse air transport organisations in order to give a practical dimension to assignments, sometimes working in small groups or individually. Aside from what you learn in class, assessments are designed to help you develop personal qualities, such as a responsible, independent, and co-operative approach to working on your own and in teams, which are vital skills in the aviation industry.
The course is vocational because it uses practical activities, such as real-world scenarios, techniques and business presentations that should help you to become a more confident senior administrator or junior manager.
As the programme is the first part of a degree course, you will be given many opportunities to demonstrate and expand your interest in the environment and operations of the international air transport world.
• Structure and Environment of Air Transport Industries
• Service Operations Management
• Civil Aviation Regulation and Legislation
• Financial and Business Environments
• Services Marketing and Customers
• Personal and Academic Development
• Airline and Airport Operations
• Managing Health and Safety and Security
• Leading and Managing Teams
• Emergency Operations Management
• Aviation Operations in Practice (Work Experience) or Contemporary Issues in Aviation
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||160 points||
• A Levels or equivalent (eg BTEC National Diploma) – 160 UCAS points or more.
• GCSE English and Maths at C (4) or above.
• All applicants must give a satisfactory interview.
• Mature students without the above qualifications are welcome to apply to this course if they have sufficient professional experience.
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
Tuition feesNo fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Gatton Point North
Clearing contact details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Fax: 01737 768641