Staffordshire University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Our Fine Art degree lets you realise your creative potential and combine practical training with discussion. Encourage your ambition and cultivate your talent.
Our Fine Art degree will allow you to realise your creative potential through exciting and challenging opportunities. The course provides experience of a wide range of arts media relevant to contemporary arts practice, this includes but is not limited to: painting, drawing, sculpture, video, photography, digital applications and performance.
You will be supported to establish your own practice as an artist; working in our spacious studios, galleries and workshops, exploring your ideas through site specific contexts, professional external projects, and a yearly public exhibition.
Our teaching team are all professional artists, and are able to support you with a structured technical, theoretical, imaginative and practical approach to arts practice.
95% overall student satisfaction in the 2016 National Student Survey.
3 educational visits to cultural venues and events plus a residential trip for first year students, organised as an artist’s retreat.
- Annual overseas trip organised for all levels, to the Venice Biennial or to another cultural city (Previous destinations include Rotterdam, Krakow, New York).
On successful completion of study, we will issue the following award: BA (Hons) Fine Art
Year 1 (Core)
- Fine Art Studio Practice Introduction
- Fine Art Independent Studio Practice and Context
- Understanding and Researching Contemporary Art
- Exhibiting and Curating in Fine Art
Year 2 (Core)
- Studio Practice and context 1
- Studio Practice and context 2
- Professional Practice and Placement
Year 3 (Core)
- Personal Project Development and Professional Practice
- Fine Art Project Resolution
- Writing and Curating Contemporary Art
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Staffordshire University (Stoke Campus)|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||112 points||We use UCAS points in our offer making and welcome a wide range of qualifications.|
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|