Bury College has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
A stimulating and challenging programme of study that will be both engaging and memorable. This qualification will provide you with the essential subject knowledge needed to progress successfully into further study or into the world of work. You will undertake a core of learning in Applied Science as well as the opportunity to specialise in your desired Science related pathway.
The pathways include:
• Environmental Science
• Food Science, Technology and Nutrition
• Forensic Science
The units include:
• Fundamentals of Laboratory Techniques
• Scientific Data Handling Approaches and Techniques
• Regulation and Quality in the Applied Sciences
The ‘specialist pathways’ allow you to study units from your area of interest.
These units include:
• Cell Biology
• Fundamentals of Chemistry
• Anatomy and Human Physiology
• Inorganic or Organic Chemistry
• Principles of Ecology and their Applications
• Managing Environmental Resources
• Human Health and Nutrition
• Food Technology
• Polymer Materials and Properties
• Fundamentals of Biochemistry
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
You are viewing a course summary page, please select a course option to see the application codes
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||80 points||
• 80 UCAS points or equivalent in a Level 3 qualification
• Applicants should also have five GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including Science, English and maths
• The centre will also consider applicants who have passed a Kitemarked Access to Higher Education course (equivalent to 80 UCAS points)
• If you do not have the standard entry requirements but have relevant work experience or an alternative qualification you may still be eligible for the course
• You may be required to attend for an interview or assessment
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7,500||Year 1|